Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 tsp (3 ml) finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 lb (.5 kg) (20 to 25) fresh raw shrimp cleaned
- 8 green onions, each cut into 3 (2 inch) pieces
- 2 lemons, each cut into 6 slices, then cut in half
- 12 (6 inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 20 minutes
- Place skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare grill; heat until coals are ash white.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- On each skewer place 1 shrimp, 1 green onion piece, 1 lemon piece, 1 shrimp and 1 green onion piece.
- Brush with sauce thoroughly, place on grill, brushing with sauce and turning frequently, until shrimp turn pink (about 6 to 10 minutes.)
- Big crowd pleaser terrific flavor use as
appetizer or as main dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.