Print Friendly Recipe
- Belinda Williams, Fort Collins, CO
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pumpkin (preferably fresh - instructions follow)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) condensed milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cardimom
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cloves
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rum
- Pie crust shell
- Stove top method:
- Fill pot portion of double boiler 1/3 full of water and set to boil.
- In the bowl (top portion) mix together all ingredients except the rum.
- Stir with wire wisk in double boiler until thick.
- Add rum and stir 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour filling into pre-baked pie crust.
- Let cool, top as desired and serve.
- Microwave method:
- Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, and spices in microwave safe glass bowl.
- Heat in microwave on high for 12 minutes, stirring well every 2 minutes.
- For final 2 minute interval, add the rum and stir well.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crust and let cool.
- Top as you like and serve.
- I wrote it from my head....I chose ingredients I
felt would go well together and did my best to
create the masterpiece it has become. I
originally developed the idea when I raised
pumpkins and decided I wanted to make pies of
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.