Print Friendly Recipe
- A. Hollis
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (225 ml) bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken until partially done.
- While chicken is grilling mix the other ingredients.
- Brush chicken with a thin coating of glaze.
- Continue to baste when turning chicken.
- Watch chicken carefully to ensure that the glaze does not burn.
- (For stronger flavor, marinate the chicken in the whiskey mixture for a couple of hours - ed.)
- I don't remember where I found it.
(It may have been on CompuServe.) Bone-in
chicken is better than boneless for this recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.