Print Friendly Recipe
- Will Aitchison - email@example.com
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) butter
- 3 or more Jalapeno Chiles (depending upon taste), broadly chopped and seeded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 packages of cream cheese (even the fat free stuff will do, though it's not best)
- 1 pint, half-and-half
- Saute the onion in the olive oil and butter until clear.
- Add the tomatoes and chiles, bring to boil, and simmer for at least 15 minutes to reduce liquid and set the flavor.
- Stir in cream cheese, using whisk to distribute and mix.
- When cream cheese is melted, add half-and-half.
- Serve with any dipping food, including tortilla chips, carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc.
- This is an adaptation of a wonderful recipe once
served in a now-defunct Mexican restaurant in
Arlington, Virginia. At least, it's my attempt
to adapt the recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.