Print Friendly Recipe
- Barbara Huitt
- 4 cans black eye peas, drained (can use frozen but they must be blanched in boiling water for a few minutes)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh cilantro, roots removed
- 2 or more fresh jalapenos, minced, remove seeds!
- dash red wine vinegar
- dash olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Mix everything together, this recipe cannot fail!
- Taste test to determine whether more spices are necessary, or to increase hotness by adding more jalapeno.
- Chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chips or use as a normal salsa.
- Barbara Huitt has been a vegetarian for over 20
years and has many unique and delicious recipes
to share. This salsa fills you up and has a
delicate tangy flavor.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.