Print Friendly Recipe
- Barbara Huitt
- 2 eggplants
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- optional: add seaweed powder to breadcrumbs to give eggplant fish flavor, and still remain a vegetarian dish!
- Cut eggplant into "wheels", leaving skin and seeds in.
- Brush on mayonnaise.
- Add dash of pepper in breadcrumbs.
- Bread eggplant in breadcrumbs.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil for about 15 minutes, turning over when one side is brown.
- It's done when you can poke a fork through eggplant
- Dip ideas: tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, mayonnaise and soy sauce (mixed).
Barbara Huitt has been a vegetarian for 20 years.
She has found that eggplant makes a wonderful
substitution for meat. This recipe is very
simple and delicious!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.