Print Friendly Recipe
- Sally Lilley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grated pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). prawns
- 2 oz (56 grm). Feta cheese
- In butter, cook garlic and onion slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, oregano, basil, bay, and parsley; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in Wine; simmer 30 minutes until reduced and somewhat thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, shrimp, and Feta.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- SuperCookery - a Scandinavian cookbook I bought
on sale 26 years ago. This recipe is priceless!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.