Print Friendly Recipe
- Michelle Girdler
- 2 cups (475 ml) self rising flour
- 2 T butter (softened)
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 3 T brown sugar
- 3 T Golden Syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Rub Flour and butter together with finger tips in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Beat milk and egg in a bowl and slowly add to flour mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Form the dough into six or seven small balls and leave to one side.
- In a medium saucepan bring the brown sugar, golden syrup, butter and water to the boil.
- Slowly drop balls in and cover, simmering for about 15 minutes, until balls spring back at the touch.
- Serve immediately with cream or ice cream.
- My mother's old recipe given to her by my
grandmother who just came to Australia from
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.