Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 Medium size orange (*) Cut in chunks & seeded
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Confectioners sugar
- Process, blend, or grind the whole, seeded orange until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Beat together with the egg, milk, sour cream, and sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder just until well mixed. Do not beat or over-mix.
- Divide into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Stir glaze ingredients until well blended.
- Brush with Orange Glaze.
- Use of the whole unpeeled orange might sound
strange but Ohhh, the flavor. Try it, I'm sure
you'll like it. I don't bother to glaze, just
slather with real butter. Damn the cholesterol,
full steam ahead!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.