Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced.
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ancho chili (or chili powder)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 quart (950 ml) of low-fat buttermilk
- 12 oz (336 grm). plain yogurt
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock or water
- pinch or more of cayenne pepper
- pinch of dried mint
- Puree avocados with lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Put puree into large bowl and wisk in yogurt, buttermilk, and chicken stock.
- Add chili powder, garlic, cumin, cayenne and mint.
- Stir in the diced cucumber.
- Taste for salt (at least 1/4 tsp)
- Garnish the soup with cilantro.
- This soup also makes an interesting sorbet-base :)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.