Print Friendly Recipe
- Bob Isherwood (Pennsyvania Culinary student)
- 1 fillet of rainbow trout
- 2 cups (475 ml) oil (any kind will do) - more or less to coat or cover the fish.
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Paul Prudhomme's seafood magic (optional) (Another herb or spice such as dill or tarragon works well)
- 1 Tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix oil, salt, pepper, herb or spice, garlic and lemon juice to make marinade.
- Put the trout in the marinade. Let sit at least 1 hour (1 day recommended).
- Season fillet with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook fillet in a very hot iron skillet, skin side down first.
- When skin side is at desired color flip it over.
- When second side is done, finish the fillet in oven with desired amount of butter.
- Serve by squeezing lemon over it and sprinkling a small amount of fresh herbs.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.