Print Friendly Recipe
- a. moritz
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each ginger, tumeric, paprika, cayenne, salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) each black, green olives, thin sliced (hint: I prefer to use green olives with pimentos)
- 1 medium to large onion, thinly sliced
- Rinse chicken well.
- In small bowl mix together ginger, tumeric, paprika, salt, and cayenne.
- Rub these ingredients into each piece of chicken.
- Heat olive oil in deep frying pan and add garlic.
- Saute until garlic is almost transparent
- Brown chicken on both sides about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken and drain on a paper towel.
- Drain all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) of oil from the pan.
- Add onion and cumin, and saute over medium heat.
- Mix together broth and tomato paste, and add to frying pan.
- Cook paste mix and onions together for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken back into pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan onto plate.
- Add olives and lemon to pan cook for about 5 additional minutes.
- Spoon tomato mix over chicken and serve.
- This recipe is from a Moroccan friend of mine.
When I listed that it serves 4 that is rare.
Family and friends that have tried this often;
count on 2 servings per person. It is that
good, and not as hot tasting as it sounds.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.