Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can mexican style stewed tomatoes (or substitute 2 cups (475 ml) salsa)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 8 taco shells or soft tortillas (for corn tortillas, some people like to double up when using juicy fillings)
- diced tomatoes
- chopped lettuce
- chopped olives
- shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Place chicken, stewed tomatoes (or salsa) and taco seasoning in crockpot.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Cook on low for 1 hour. (chicken should be extremely tender)
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place in bowl.
- With a fork, shred the chicken.
- Add some of the sauce from the crockpot to the chicken and mix. Be careful how much sauce you add to the chicken; you don't want it to be watery.
- Serve with shells and toppings and mexican rice.
- The chicken in this recipe can be used for tacos,
casseroles, enchiladas - anything Mexican,
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.