Print Friendly Recipe
- Kimberly McCoy
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). smoked sausage (optional)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can pork and beans
- Cook ground beef, sausage, and bacon until done.
- Mix meat together in a pan and saute with chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, sugar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder.
- Drain and save the liquid from the lima, kidney and pinto beans.
- In the crockpot, add the meat, beans, and ketchup mixture.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 4 to 8 hours, depending on your taste. The longer the better, to let all the flavors mix together.
- When my mother made this, she had to make two
crockpots of it, because the whole neighborhood
would want some.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.