Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mild pork sausage (or 1/2 Italian, 1/2 pork sausage)
- 4 cups (950 ml) buttermilk biscuit mix (or Bisquick)
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheddar cheese (or 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar, 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella)
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- NOTE: If more Italian-like biscuits desired, add 1 or more tsp grated Parmesan Cheese. Be sure to use Italian sausage & Mozzarella cheese.
- Crumble sausage into skillet; brown & drain excess oil.
- In large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese.
- Add sausage; stir until blended.
- Stir in water until mixed.
- Add a few more drops of water if Parmesan cheese is used.
- Shape dough into balls about 1.5 inch round. Or, if biscuits desired (instead of appetizers), roll dough out and cut with biscuit cutter or glass).
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for about 15 minutes (until golden).
- Brush with softened butter or margarine when taken from oven.
- TIP: For spicier flavor, add jalapeno cheese & spices. Also, biscuits can be frozen (after cooking) and reheated at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Italian-American - from California
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.