Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 cube steaks
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Season meat with 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt and pepper.
- Mix flour with 1 tsp (5 ml). pepper in shallow pan.
- Dredge meat in flour, then egg, and then in flour.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Fry meat 4 to 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Pour off all but 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil from pan.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp (30 ml) dredging flour in hot oil in pan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute.
- Stir in milk slowly and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper and 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt.
- Gravy should be quite peppery.
- Serve gravy over chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.
- This is the only recipe for chicken fried steak
that the flour coating does not come off when
frying, and I have tried a lot of recipes!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.