Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). dried giant lima beans
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). salt pork
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter (not margarine)
- Rinse beans and drain.
- Do not pre-soak.
- Place beans in large pot on stove top.
- Add water to cover about 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil then add salt pork and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook about 2 hours stirring occassionally.
- Add butter and cook another 30 minutes.
- The beans should be done but the water should not have thickened.
- I have never been able to cook this as well as
Karol, but it is a great, easy recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.