Print Friendly Recipe
- Melissa Payton
- 6 or more pieces tenderized beef steak
- ice water to cover
- vegetable oil or shortening
- Place steak pieces in ice water. Let stand at least 30 minutes or more.
- Take out steaks, but do not drain.
- Salt and pepper.
- Coat generously with flour.
- Fry in hot oil or shortening at medium high heat till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with gravy made from pan drippings, flour and milk.
- When my grandmother was in her twenties, she
worked in a restaurant that was owned by a family
member. The chicken fried steak was always great
and everyone always asked for the recipe. It
really sounds too easy to be true. The crust is
thick and crunchy - just the way everyone in West
Texas wants it. The restaurant, I believe, was
in or around Turkey, Texas.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.