Print Friendly Recipe
- Riah Blackford
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced celery
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrots
- 2 cups (475 ml) zucchini, cubed or sliced
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) beef broth
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- Combine bread cubes and milk and mix with ground beef, chorizo, and egg.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Combine celery, cilantro, onion, carrots, zuchini, broth and tomatoes in a large kettle.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Shape meat mixture into 16 or more meatballs.
- Add to soup, cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until meat is done.
- Adjust seasonings.
- This is a great Spanish style soup with
nutritional ingredients. Feel free to try the
spices you like!
Editors note: Quantity was not given for chorizo so it is up to you.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.