Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 per person
- Eggs (1 for each serving)
- White Bread (1 slice for each serving)
- Butter or Margarine (as much as desired)
- Cookie Cutter or Round Glass (Approx. 1 1/2 "")
- Use small glass or cookie cutter (approximately 1 1/2 inch round) to cut center out of bread slice(s).
- Heat skillet on stove (flat skillet works best).
- Butter bread slices and lay in skillet.
- Crack egg into hole in center of bread while in skillet.
- Cook approximately 1 minute (check under corner for browning).
- While one side is cooking, butter pieces of bread cut outs & lay on hot skillet to brown - turn to brown both sides while cooking egg.
- When breaded is toasted, CAREFULLY turn over with spatula (so egg yoke doesn't break).
- Turn heat to medium-low and continue cooking until toasted & egg cooked as desired.
- Remove from skillet to plates & top with toasted bread rounds (cut-outs from bread).
- A favorite of our children when young. My
Ex-Husband still can't agree on which one of us
created it...but we do agree it was one of their
favorites! And we still like it!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.