Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- corn tortillas cut into strips (approx. 4)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 lb (.5 kg). diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). cumin
- 10 cups (2350 ml) chicken stock (low salt)
- Saute strips of corn tortillas in olive oil 15 min.
- Process garlic, jalapeno, and onion in food processor.
- Transfer mixture to pan and cook for another 15 min.
- Add Tomatoes and cumin and cook another 15 min.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cook and reduce 20 to 25 min.
- Put it all in the blender until smooth.
- Garnish with:
- Crisp tortilla strips
- Cheddar cheese
- Cut up chicken
- Using the blender at the end , with the corn tortillas, gives the soup an
extra flavor. Excellent!
This recipe makes a lot, maybe enough for 12?
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.