Print Friendly Recipe
- Sharon Thomas
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). thick sliced bacon, cooked crisp; crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) minute rice
- 1 can rotel tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) grated cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tbsp (15 ml) bacon drippings.
- Add rice, rotel tomatoes, water, bacon, salt, pepper, and 1 cup (225 ml) cheese.
- Place in greased casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheese and return to oven.
- Bake for additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Arkansas is rice country. This recipe is a compilation of three recipes that
I found interesting. I picked out the best ingredients of all three and
combined them to make this dish, which is very tasty.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.