Print Friendly Recipe
- R. Heffer, Elizabethtown, KY
- 4 skinned, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz (224 grm) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chives
- 1 can mushrooms (any will do)
- 8 sundried tomatoes (preferably red) - hydrated
- 8 slices of throughly fried (or microwaved) bacon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of walnuts, almonds, pine nuts (or nut of choice)
- olive oil to cover the bottom of frying pan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half and half
- bread crumbs (we like Italian)
- Dijon mustard
- Chicken preparation:
- Pound chicken breast to 1/4 in. thickness.
- Whip egg and half and half to a fluffy consistency.
- Pour olive oil into frying pan.
- Allow to heat at medium high.
- Toss in nuts and cook one minute.
- Add onions and sundried tomatoes and cook until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat and add bacon, simmer.
- Preparation of chicken:
- Dry chicken breasts, lay flat.
- Spread creme cheese.
- Add stuffing mixture equally.
- Roll chicken with ingredients into tight roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip into egg/milk mixture.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over chicken (you do not have to coat heavily).
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) (in preheated oven) for 20 minutes.
- Sauce option:
- Mix dijon mustard and honey.....keep it simple and to your liking.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.