Print Friendly Recipe
- Roberta Porterfield
- 1 large cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) green onion minced
- 2 cans (1 lb (.5 kg).12 oz) peeled, diced tomatoes + juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cans (11.5 oz) V-8 juice
- 1 small to medium bell pepper
- Blend all ingredients and chill about 1 hour.
- Add chopped avocado or baby shrimp at serving time, if desired.
- NOTE: do not use or store in an aluminum bowl
- Originated from my great grandmother, who is of Cherokee decent and lived
in Mexico for a good deal of her childhood. I have added modern day
ingredients, replacing a few of the original, to make it maker friendly.
She probably would be O.K. with this since she was pretty mellow and cool.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.