Print Friendly Recipe
- carolyn buskirk
Serves/Makes:1-8x8 in pan
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted cake flower
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) buttermilk
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda together 3 times.
- Cream shortening with sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately in thirds, blending after each addition.
- Pour into greased pan; bake at 325 F. 45-55 min.
- Makes 1 (8 x 8 inch) cake.
- I have never made ths cake. I found it in a recipe book called 200 classic cake recipes. I have had the recipe book since the early 60s.the
cake comes from the USA.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.