Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg) firm bread
- 1 qt half & half
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) almond extract
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) golden raisins
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sliced almonds
- Amaretto sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Amaretto liqueur
- Break bread in 1 inch pieces.
- Combine bread with half & half in large bowl.
- Cover and let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionaly.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and almond extract.
- Stir into bread and half & half mixture
- Gently blend in raisins and almonds.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake in 325 degree (175 C.) F. oven for 50 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool
- Stir sugar and butter in top of double boiler over simmering water until butter melts, sugar dissolves and mixture is very hot.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the egg.
- Continue whisking until cooled to room temperature.
- Stir in the amaretto
- When ready to serve, butter a broiler proof serving dish.
- Cut the pudding into 8 to 10 squares.
- Place squares into baking dish.
- Spoon amaretto sauce over pudding.
- Broil a few minutes until sauce bubbles.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.