Print Friendly Recipe
- Aunt Toby
- 3 15 oz (420 grm). cans black beans
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dry red wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml). plain yogurt
- Puree 2 of the cans of the beans with their liquid in a food processor.
- Pour the bean puree into a medium saucepan.
- Drain the remaining can of beans, then add to the saucepan.
- Stir in the stock, wine and chili powder.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the yogurt until smooth.
- Ladle the hot soup into soup bowls.
- Garnish each serving by drizzling on about 2 tsp (10 ml). yogurt.
- A family favorite over the years that my Aunt
Toby would make. I hope you enjoy it as much we
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.