Print Friendly Recipe
- 12 to 14 apples (Jonathon or Winesap)
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple juice
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). allspice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cloves
- Wash, core and quarter, but DO NOT peel, the apples.
- Put in crock pot with apple juice.
- Cook covered 10 to 18 hours (or on high 2 to 4 hours).
- When apples are tender, run through the food processor or blender or food mill.
- (I prefer the blender....and let them cool some before doing this).
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice
- Add to apples and return to crockpot.
- Cover with lid and cook on high 6 to 8 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the lid and allow mixture to cook down and thicken.
- Stir every 2 hours.
- Spoon into hot, sterilized jars leaving 1/2"" head space.
- Adjust caps and process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
- Alternative to water bath now accepted by canning experts: Immediately after tightening lids and rings, invert jars on a soft cloth for 5 minutes then turn right side up to cool.
- This apple butter is made in a crock-pot!! I
found this recipe in a newspaper recipe
supplement so long ago I can't remember which
newspaper. I make 4 batches every year for gifts
and 4 batches for ourselves.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.