Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) pinto beans
- 2 fresh pigs feet, cut in half
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 med. smoked ham hock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot cooked rice
- In large 4 quarts (3775 ml) pot add ham hock and pigs feet and cover with water.
- Bring to boil on high heat for 1/2 hour.
- Rinse beans and add to pot.
- Cover with water and cook on med high heat for 1 hour,add water as needed (do not burn).
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and tomato; turn heat to low and simmer until beans are tender(about 3 hours).
- Check to make sure there is always water to cover (remove cover and check every 20 minutes; stir).
- Add cilantro during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Got this from my grandmother many years
ago.Everybody that has eaten this loves it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2015 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.