Print Friendly Recipe
- 12 medium apples,unpeeled and cored
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
- Core apples,cut into eighths, and place in heavy saucepan.
- Barely cover with water(about a cup).
- Cookover medium heat until apples just soften, stirring often.
- Cool slightly and force through a food mill.
- Measure pulp and return to saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar for every cup of pulp.
- Bring to a rolling boil over moderate heat.
- Add spices.
- Continue to cook,stirring constantly,until tempature of apple mixture reaches 220 degrees (100 C.) on a candy thermoeter.
- Ladle into sterile 1/2 pint jars,seal,and process according to jar manufacturers instructions.
- Makes about 6 pints,or 81 servings of 2 tbsp (30 ml) each.
- Preparation time about 3 hours.
- AMERICAN RECIPE FROM THE EAST COAST
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.