Print Friendly Recipe
- Spanish chicken dish, baked with potatoes
- Angela Grimaldi
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cooking sherry
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 4 large potatoes, washed, peeled, sliced into thin circular slices
- 4 small yellow onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml). paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). olive oil
- Place chicken breasts in large baking pan.
- Pour olive oil over breast, turn to coat sides.
- Sprinkle 1 pinch of black pepper on each breast.
- Sprinkle garlic over chicken.
- Place potatoes and onions around chicken breasts along sides of baking pan.
- In large measuring cup, combine water, sherry, paprika, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir well, and pour over top of chicken, potatoes and onions.
- Bake in 375 degree (200 C.) oven for 23 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes, onions and chicken are slightly browned, and tender.
- This is a family recipe, from Andalucia, Spain. I
learned how to make it from my mother when I went
off to college. It is simple to make, and
absolutely scrumptuous! Of course, no one can
make it like my mom.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.