Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). Winesap apples, washed, quartered and stems removed
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple cider
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cloves
- 3 tsp (15 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) allspice
- grated lemon rind, of 2 lemons
- Cook apples slowly in cider, until soft.
- Put apples and cider in blender and puree.
- For every cup of pulp add sugar and spices.
- Cook slowly and stir frequently until mixture sheets from a spoon.
- Jar and store.
- From my Pennsylvania Dutch grandmother-in law.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.