Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 large yams
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) concentrated orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) allspice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- large marshmallows
- Boil yams in large pot of water until fork-tender.
- Peel the yams.
- (Now you can go 2 ways, leave them whole or mash them up like potatoes).
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (a large one if you are going to mash).
- Mashed: With the yams in sauce bowl, mash and blend well.
- Butter a square baking dish and place mashed yams into dish.
- Bake for 30 min. @ 400 degrees
- Place marshmallows to cover yams
- Bake until marshmallows are toasty (watch closely--they burn fast)and serve.
- Whole: Cut whole yams in half and place in baking dish
- Pour sauce over
- Bake for 30 min @ 400 degrees
- Serve hot
- Passed down in our family. Definitely a southern
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.