Print Friendly Recipe
- Richard Laskowski
- 4 slices bread - toasted.
- 1 can of sardines (I prefer the boneless and skinless)
- sliced onion
- white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- On buttered toast spread 2 or 3 sardines (half the can).
- Put sliced onions on the sardines.
- Any onion will do, I have even used sliced green onion.
- Sprinkle vinegar over the sandwich and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with second slice of buttered toast and cut in half.
- One can will make 2 such sandwiches.
- I learned this recipe from a friend in Northern
Ontario. Since I love sardines, she used to make
me these sandwiches.
Since then, my daughter loves to eat these
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.