Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) minced garlic
- 1 lb (.5 kg) rare roast beef, sliced thin
- 2 lg. green peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 4 loaves/rolls Italian bread (4 to 5 inches long)
- Combine beef stock, water, tomato paste, pepper, salt, bay leaf and garlic in a skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add roast beef slices and green pepper slices.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- While beef is cooking heat bread in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for a few minutes.
- Cut loaves of bread into half lengthwise.
- Dip each piece of bread, cut side down, into pan liquid (omit this step if you like a dry beef sandwich).
- Assemble sandwiches dividing beef and peppers evenly between the 4 loaves of bread.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.