Print Friendly Recipe
- Brent Petit
- 4 medium yams
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- pecans, optional
- marshmallows, optional
- Boil yams in salted water until fork tender,drain, cool and peel.
- Melt butter in baking pan.
- Mix sugar, 1/4 cup (60 ml) water, and cinnamon and add to pan.
- Slice potatoes crosswise 1/2 thick circles, add to pan.
- Optional: sprinkle pecans, marshmallows or both on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- If potatoes aren't covered by sauce baste occasionally.
- This recipe is a stable in Cajun cooking during
the fall when the ""sweet potatoes"" are
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.