Print Friendly Recipe
- Teri Brethen
- 7 cups (1650 ml) vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Tofu, cubed
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 can bamboo shoots, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of red pepper, plus or minus to taste
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch or flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of seasame oil
- Cook chicken breast in a skillet with seasame oil.
- In a large pot combine broth, tofu, mushrooms, shoots.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add ginger, red pepper, onion.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, cornstarch & COLD water.
- Add egg mixture slowly to soup.
- Reduce heat.
- Add chicken and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serves 6
- Can be used as an appetizer or main dish w/ Ginger Salad.
- This recipe is from the Philippines. My father is
a retired LTC of the United States Army and I
spent many years in foreign countries. This soup
has been a favorite for whoever I have fixed it
for. It was my Nanny's secret recipe and she
gave it to me before I came back state side. I
also have lot's of German recipes if anyone is
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.