Print Friendly Recipe
- Squash, apple & sweet potato make this rich orange tangy soup a hit!
- Susan Holden
- splash of oil for saute
- 1 small to medium onion, finely diced
- 1 (or more to taste) garlic clove, finely diced or crushed
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt & white pepper
- Lightly saute garlic and onion.
- Add squash and sweet potato, cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Add apple chunks, cook for a few more minutes.
- Add juice, stock, and wine, and bring to a boil.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes until all ingredients are tender.
- In a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients until creamy.
- Garnish bowl with a blob of sour cream in center and a sprig of parsley.
- If using a low fat stock, this soup is fat free, yet it has a rich creamy
consistency that will fool all your dinner guest!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.