Print Friendly Recipe
- Tangy chicken in a rich orange sauce
- Susan Holden
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil for frying
- 1 medium onion diced finely
- 2 garlic gloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) or fresh ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of red current jelly
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) of flour (mixed with small amount of water for paste)
- In deep frying pan, brown chicken in oil, remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and ginger, saute until transluscent.
- Add butter current jelly, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted.
- Add flour paste and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add chicken stock and orange juice, stir until smooth.
- Season sauce with nutmeg.
- Put chicken back in sauce, simmer until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Just before serving add peeled orange slices.
- This is a tangy dish, when plated it looks beautiful on a bed of rice.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on top to garnish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.