Print Friendly Recipe
- Hard boiled eggs surrounded by pork sausagemeat, covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried.
- Janice Pattie
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). pork sausagemeat
- pinch of mace
- 4 oz (112 grm). crisp breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- seasoned flour
- salt and pepper
- oil for deep frying
- Boil the eggs for ten minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the yolk in the center.
- Cool quickly under cold running water and shell the eggs, allowing them to get quite cold.
- Season the sausage meat adding the mace.
- Roll the eggs in the seasoned flour and then cover each egg with the sausage meat, making it about 1/4 inch thick, ensuring it is firmly packed.
- Dip the eggs into the beaten egg and roll each in the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until browned evenly.
- Scotch eggs may be eaten hot though they are commonly served cold. They are an ideal snack or make a good additon to a salad.
- Scotch eggs are very popular but few people in Scotland would make them
at home as they are readily available in butcher's shops and supermarkets.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.