Print Friendly Recipe
- Yummy buttery mint flavored cookie
Serves/Makes:approximately 12 cookes
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, room temperature (not margarine)
- 1 cup (225 ml) Kraft Butter Mints, crushed (place in Ziploc bag and use rolling pin)
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sugar
- Sprinkles or candied fruit for topping
- Cream butter until light.
- Add crushed mints and flour. Blend well, then chill dough.
- With floured fingers, pat dough into a 9 inch square pan on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with super fine sugar.
- Cut into 1-1/2 inch squares and place on ungreased cookie sheets and decorate tops with sprinkles or candied fruit.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 18 to 20 minutes, until pale golden brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- An interesting variation is to use 1 to 2 tbsp (30 ml) of a fine ground, premium cocoa with the flour.
- I recommend doubling this recipe.
- From an old cookbook, "Cookies, Carols and Cheer" by Winter Derus.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.