Print Friendly Recipe
- Tom King
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) sifted cake flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) (finely ground) unblanched almonds
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 12 tbsp (175 ml) unsalted butter (must be softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease one 9 inch cake pan, line bottom with waxed paper or parchment, and then grease again and dust with flour.
- In medium bowl, lightly combine eggs, 1/4 of the sour cream and almond extract.
- In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the butter and remaining sour cream.
- Mix on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed (high if using hand mixer) and beat for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides. Gradually add the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating 20 seconds after each addition. Scrape down sides.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth surface with spatula.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until wire cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides with small knife and unmold.
- Allow to cool completely before wrapping airtight.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or a light buttercream frosting.
- The cake should start to shrink from the sides of the pan only after
removal from the oven.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.