Print Friendly Recipe
- A moist, almond-encrusted and glazed bundt cake that is a hands down favorite at a party (or for the family.)
- Linda Engbarth Weissert
- 1 yellow cake mix (NOT pudding type)
- 1 3-1/2 oz (98 grm). box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Amaretto
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds
- 8 oz (224 grm). (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Amaretto
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- Blend ingredients (except nuts) and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Grease bundt pan and sprinkle evenly with almonds to coat pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Remove from pan and place cake on rack over deep dish.
- Combine ingredients in pan.
- Bring to boil and, while stirring, continue to boil glaze for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon hot glaze over cake. Glaze that runs off will collect in the dish so repeat this step until all glaze is absorbed by cake.
- Plan to prepare this cake 1 to 2 days ahead because the flavor mellows and gets better and better.
- I don't know if this is the kind of almond cake the requester is looking
for, but I know its one he or she will be proud to serve. Besides being
delicious, it is a BEAUTIFUL cake and looks like its a LOT more work than
it is. Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.