Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). ground pork
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked rice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can stewed tomatoes
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sweet basil
- Cut off 8 cabbage leaves and cook in large pot of water until just tender (do not overcook.)
- Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop 4 cups (950 ml) of remaining cabbage and put into medium saucepan.
- Add tomato soup, stewed tomato, green pepper, basil, sugar, salt and pepper, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Meat Filling:
- Combine meats, chopped onion, rice and salt and pepper.
- Fill each leaf with a heaping tbsp of meat.
- Lay each roll seam down into a baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls, cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 1 hour.
- Uncover and turn up oven to 450 degrees (225 C.) to brown for 15 minutes.
- This is my mother's Polish recipe. It can also be made with ground
turkey breast, but you should add a small tomato, chopped to the meat.
It's the sauce that makes this delicious.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.