Print Friendly Recipe
- An eggplant lasagna
- My Own Creation
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs, beaten
- flour for dipping
- oil to cover 1/4" bottom of electric skillet
- prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded pizza cheese (1/2 mozzarella - 1/2 cheddar)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Slice eggplant (unpeeled) into 1/4" rounds.
- Dip in beaten egg, dredge in flour.
- Saute quickly in oil in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) skillet.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into bottom of rectangular glass baking dish.
- Place a single layer of eggplant on sauce.
- Lay sliced mozarella cheese on top of eggplant.
- Place another layer of eggplant on top - spread on more sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded pizza cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Let stand about 15 minutes and cut into serving portions as you like.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.