Print Friendly Recipe
- A moist apple bread with crumb topping
- Barb Lindholm
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped, peeled apples
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped walnuts
- To make streusel:
- Mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon.
- Cut in margarine.
- Set aside.
- For bread:
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Just before baking, top with streusel.
- Bake in a greased 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 55 minutes, or until loaf tests done.
- This bread is a great moist dessert - sometimes streusel sinks down a
bit making a wonderful cinnamon "filling" -- It's really good served warm.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.