Print Friendly Recipe
- Eggplant and beef patties in Italian sacue
- Terri Weidman
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice eggplant into 1 inch thick slices. Do not peel.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat eggplant slices in flour and saute in heated oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place cooked eggplant slices in shallow baking dish.
- Shape hamburger into 1 inch thick patties and cook until brown on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top eggplant with patty.
- Cover with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and oregano.
- Top with cheddar and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- My mom used to fix this and I love it. Kids like it because they don't
realize they are eating eggplant.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.