Print Friendly Recipe
- Veggie Lasagna with red sauce, contains eggplant
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 14 lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans Hunts Italian Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dry cooking sherry
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salsa
- 2 bunches of spinach, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- lots of grated soy cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Mix refried beans with salsa in pan and heat.
- Heat oil in large pan and saute garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add eggplant and stir fry until eggplant looks tender (but not too tender).
- Add zucchini, basil, oregano, sherry and stir fry for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add some sauce to lasagna pan, place 4 noodles over sauce, add more sauce on top.
- Cover with 4 more noodles, add refried beans and salsa mixture on top with spinach, add a little sauce over this layer and cover with 4 more noodles.
- Add remainder of sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle cilantro and grated soy cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- I made this lasagne last night, and I can honestly say it is the best
recipe I have found yet. I was a bit sketchy about the refried beans,
but they tasted wonderful!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.