Print Friendly Recipe
- My own creation
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in flowerets
- 5 cups (1175 ml) chicken stock or 5 cups (1175 ml) water with 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped onion
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or half and half
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) cheddar cheese (10 oz)
- sliced green onion, snipped watercress or snipped parsley
- Put cauliflower, stock, rice, onions, and celery into a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; simmer until cauliflower is crisp-tender and rice is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Gradually add milk to flour, blending until smooth, stir into soup.
- Add seasonings.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat, add cheddar cheese and continue to simmer until melted.
- Sprinkle each serving with green onion, watercress or parsley.
- January is national soup month, enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.