Print Friendly Recipe
- Chili with chicken, white beans and cheese base
- Nancy Bendix
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 15 oz (420 grm). cans cannellini beans or great northern white beans
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 4 oz (112 grm). cans chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground oregano
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken stock/broth
- 8 oz (224 grm). Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salsa or picante sauce
- sour cream
- In heavy large pan cover chicken with cold water.
- Bring to simmer; cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in same large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; saute until translucent.
- Add garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and saute about 2 minutes, stirring together.
- Add drained cans of beans and chicken stock; stir gently to mix.
- Add cubed chicken; stir gently and heat.
- Just before serving, add grated Monterey Jack cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Ladle into serving bowls.
- Garnish with grated cheddar, salsa and sour cream.
- This chili is usually a huge hit. I pass the grated cheddar, salsa and
sour cream separately so people can garnish it the way they like it.
And I usually serve it with corn muffins and a green salad.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.